Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Back to Life

[SOURCE]

Somehow, I managed to stay away a little longer than I intended. Sorry 'bout that. Life just keeps creeping up.

But now, with my coffee sitting beside me on the desk and a great song playing through the speakers, I am ready to write...

[SOURCE]

So, I was hanging around Goodreads the other day, checking out what my friends have been reading and adding a few books to my shelves, when I stumbled upon a quote on a friend's page...

"I'M NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME, I AM WHAT I CHOOSE TO BECOME." - CARL GUSTAV JUNG
I promptly stole this quote for my own collection.

Too often I let my disease define me. Even though it has only been a year since I was diagnosed, I have a very hard time remembering what I was like B.C. (Before Cancer)

Did I laugh more? Did I have more interesting things to say? Did I dream bigger? Probably.

Did I feel invincible? Did I let trivial things rule the day? Did I think there would always be time for everything? Definitely.

I guess none of that really matters any more. That was the life of another person...someone I don't even recognize anymore despite sharing the same DNA. I have to live this life now.

I have to keep moving forward, day by day, and just take time out from all the struggle to enjoy smaller pleasures. Eventually, I might be able to laugh more, have more interesting things to say,  dream a little bigger than I thought possible. And if I try hard enough, I might even become a better version of myself.

Here's hoping...

[SOURCE]

1 comment:

Talk to me, peeps...