Monday, May 16, 2011

Heart the Arts

[SOURCE]

Last week we attended the ARTS EXTRAVAGANZA at Aidan's school. We feel very fortunate to live in a great school district that celebrates the arts and provides arts education that extends beyond finger painting. We expected a lot from the extravaganza, but even then, we were blown away by the experience.

The school was filled with the students' artwork, which gave it a very gallery-like feel. Of course, we wasted no time scoping out Aidan's work. Here are a few pieces...

Aidan's "Very Hungry Caterpillar"

Aidan's "Self-Portrait"

See any resemblance?

Aidan's "Dark Bird"

Posing with his creation

In addition to the visual art, there was plenty of performing art. Aidan and company put on quite a show of singing, playing instruments, dancing, and even putting on a little skit. I could not wipe the smile from my face! I was sooooo proud!!







I really wish I could have gotten a better, closer view of the kids when they were singing and using instruments (alas, I just couldn't get any good pics). Also, I'm absolutely kicking myself for not taking video...particularly during the dancing segments, which were absolutely hilarious and adorable. However, it was an incredible evening and we all had the best time.

I just can't believe Aidan's kindergarten career is about to come to an end! Even though there won't be any big time difference in his school day next year (since his school only provides all-day kindergarten), it is still hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that he'll be in 1st Grade! Not the little guys of the school for much longer. But, he can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, peeps...