Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Putting My Breast Foot Forward

[SOURCE]

As some of you may or may not know, I had boob surgery last month to replace the knockers that I lost to the big C. (I'm no Boobs McGee, but I think they look pretty good.) Unfortunately, with surgery comes recovery time...which seemed to last FOREVER. During that time, I was restricted from most physical activity save walking, so I've been getting a wee bit twitchy to get up and moving again.

Well, I'm happy to report that my restrictions have officially been lifted and I have been sweating myself silly all week in celebration! Hurrah!

I was a little worried about how I'd do with my running since it had been a few weeks since my last jog, but it was just like riding a bike (only waaaaay suckier). This is great news since the Columbus Race for the Cure is this weekend and Jon and I are slotted to run in the coed 5K. 

(I think I can, I think I can, I think I can)

Of course, with the return of running comes the return of running songs...

5 SONGS I'M DYING TO RUNNING TO THIS WEEK:
Bullet and a Target - Citizen Cope
Time Running - Tegan & Sara
More - Usher 
Naïve - The Kooks
Long Train Running - The Doobie Brothers

COOL DOWN & BE COOL SONG OF THE WEEK:
Orange Sky - Alexi Murdoch


[SOURCE]

Right now, I am super happy to be back in the fitness groove. (We'll see how long that lasts.)  Just being able to do a little strength training and jogging has made me feel very accomplished. I'm hoping to add more activities back into my routine very soon.

I'll keep you posted.

Love,

Chesty La Rue 
(or do you prefer Hootie McBoob?)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that Brian and I might have had something to do with you guys not running on Saturday! We enjoyed seeing you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's okay, I blame Jon. Haha! Besides, it was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys at the race. I don't regret a thing. Planning to post about it at some point today.

    Really hope we all get to hang out again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...