Monday, May 16, 2011

Saving the Ta-Tas

[SOURCE]

Saturday was the Columbus Komen Race for the Cure, which, apparently, is the third largest in the world! Gooooo Columbus!!

Jon and I woke up early and headed downtown to get in on the activities and excitement before the races were set to start. The atmosphere was just incredible. The buzz was electrifying!



We checked out all the survivors tents where I signed the survivor banner and grabbed up some free swag. Then, I made a nice little sign to wear on my back for the race...

Subtle, I know.

You would not believe the number of people who would sneak up behind me to take a pic of that sign. Haha! Guess they share my sentiments.

Just as we were heading over to the car to drop off our bags to get ready for the run, we ran into our old friends, Brian and Jen. With 50,000+ people running around that day, what were the odds?

Me and Jen

Brian and Jon

Of course, once we ran into our friends, our plans quickly changed. We were so excited to see them and couldn't stop talking (which I'm sure no one is shocked to learn), so we decided to abandon the 5K run in favor of the 5K walk. No real biggie, but probably a bit surprising considering how long/hard I've been working on getting ready for the race. 

Oh well! We went with the flow and had an AMAZING time! No regrets.



After the race, we sprawled out on the courthouse lawn, snacking, gossiping, and enjoying the festivities. We couldn't have asked for a better day. I'm already looking forward to next year!

1-Year Survivor


[SOURCE]

4 comments:

  1. hey charity! it's erin brewer. long time! i just recently found your blog! your family looks lovely and i'm so proud of you and your fight. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Been a long time, girl! Hope everything is going well w/ you and yours. Thanks for your kind words! Don't be a stranger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer did pick the wrong bitch! So glad by BFF knows how to kick some seriously booty... 1 year of oh-so-many-more survived! Love you more than you'll ever know, Char!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you sooo much for all your love and support all these years. I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...