Friday, May 27, 2011

When Life Hands You Stale Bread, Make Croutons

[SOURCE]

Gearing up for a nice, relaxing, holiday weekend by doing very little today. I mean, why not start celebrating early, right? 

Basically, my morning was about kicking back with a cup of coffee and a fluff read. (Yes, I'm trying not to hurt myself.) However, this afternoon, I managed to get off my duff (slightly) to perform the task of making lunch. Unfortunately, nothing was jumping out at me except some bread that was on the verge of becoming stale and some random veg, so I decided salad was the way to go.

I preheated the oven to 400°F and cut up a slice of whole wheat sourdough into cubes (I prefer to use French bread for croutons since it gets much crispier, but whaddayagonnado?). I tossed the cubes in a little olive oil and seasoned them with some garlic and onion powder. Then, I popped them in the oven and waited for them to crisp up (turning them once).

Looking crispy and delicious!

After the croutons cooled down a bit, I added them to my Greekish salad of romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cukes, black olives, and Feta cheese, which I tossed in a light champagne vinaigrette. (Fancy!) And trust me, the salad tasted every bit as yummy as it looked...

Isn't that so pretty?

While I was gobbling up my lunch, I jammed out to some tunes by the Kooks. I just LOVE them; they always put me in a great mood. Check out this incredibly awesome and gorgeous video (one of my absolute FAVES!!) for their song, "Ooh La"...




So, that's my not-very-exciting-but-extremely-relaxing-and-enjoyable day so far. If I'm lucky, I'll get to do more of the same for the rest of the weekend. Buuuut, I'll probably have to do stuff. *sigh*

Back to being a bum, but not before I add a string of weird, pointless photos to the end of my blog post (hmm, this is becoming such a pattern)...enjoy!









Have a happy, lazy Friday!! ☺

3 comments:

  1. Yum! That salad looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful. We need to talk about how dinner never happened! We're all a bunch of slackers. Can I invite myself over around lunch time one day next week? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...