Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bundle of Joy

[SOURCE]

Guess what arrived yesterday?? A little package of lovelies for me to adopt! That's right, my order from Better World Books is finally here!! Yaaaaaaay!

Is there anything more thrilling than a box of books arriving in the mail? Well, I'm sure there must be, but this is pretty damn exciting.

My precious!


The War of the End of the World - Mario Vargas Llosa
Death with Interruptions - José Saramago
East Lynne - Ellen Wood
The Easter Parade - Richard Yates
The End of the World News - Anthony Burgess

Looks like a nice bunch for my summer reading. Can't wait to curl up with these guys!

6 comments:

  1. The War of the End of the World is AMAZING! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the love you and Logan gave it, I knew I HAD to read it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh!!! Death with Interruptions is one of his best Charity! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remembered you had said that it actually made you cry, so I just had to snatch up a copy. You all always seem to influence my purchases! Imagine that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok Charity, I need book help. Namely, I need books to read for the summer! You were the FIRST person I thought of who could provide help. Any recommendations??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...a little tough because I don't know what you've read/like to read, but here's a random assortment I really love and highly recommend:

    THE BELL JAR - Sylvia Plath
    THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP - John Irving
    A SUITABLE BOY - Vikram Seth
    BLINDNESS - José Saramago
    THE GARGOYLE - Andrew Davidson
    EAST OF EDEN - John Steinbeck
    THE MIDWICH CUCKOOS - John Wyndham
    THE HANDMAID'S TALE - Margaret Atwood
    REVOLUTIONARY ROAD - Richard Yates
    THE NAMESAKE - Jhumpa Lahiri
    PERSEPOLIS - Marjane Satrapi
    THE PRINCE OF TIDES - Pat Conroy
    THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER - Stephen Chbosky
    WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE - Shirley Jackson

    Hope this helps and you find a few you haven't read! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...