Wednesday, May 18, 2011

There's No TREAT in Treatment

[SOURCE]

Treatment days are never very fun, but yesterday was especially long and exhausting. I suppose it didn't really help that I woke up to this outside...

pitter patter

If that doesn't make you want to crawl back under the covers, I don't know what would. Unfortunately, sleeping in wasn't an option, so I got up and let my long day begin.

First, I headed out for chemo (joy, joy)...

Bring on the IV drip...can you make it coffee?

Since I had my port removed when I got the new boobs, they had to give me the old-fashioned stick in the arm...or three. Yep, I received THREE needle pokes before everything was up and running because my veins kept puffing up right away. Guess being a junky isn't really in my future, huh?

I tried to relax with a bit of music, reading, and texting friends, but all that poking, prodding, and flowing of IV meds makes a girl hungry, so I had a little snack...

nom nom nom

Eventually, my time was served and I went to a café for a cup o' joe and a little reading before my next doctor's appointment. Oh yes, today I was booked solid. This is just a day in the life. *sigh*

So, I headed over to my breast surgeon's office (not to be confused with my plastic surgeon who gave me the new ta-tas) and waited and waited and waited. Thankfully, the visit was worth the wait because he pronounced everything in working (and theoretically, cancer-free) order and sent me on my way. Woo-ha!

All those hours logged in medical facilities really knackered me out, so I collapsed on the couch the minute I walked through the door. After curling up with my book, listening to some chill music, and receiving a phone call from my BFF, I was FINALLY mellow...



Ugh. I can't wait until I'm done with treatments! Will it ever end??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, peeps...