Monday, May 9, 2011

Mama Mia!

[SOURCE]

Nothing gives me more joy (or migraines) than being a mother, and motherhood gets better each and every year. Being surrounded by men, I'm frequently treated like a queen around these parts and Mother's Day was no exception.

In addition to the kisses, hugs, smiles, and homemade cards and drawings, Jon and the boys got me...

* A new subscription to Real Simple magazine

* A fish spatula from Crate & Barrel

* A book order from Better World Books (will blog about when they arrive)

* My favorite ice cream (Gravel Road) from Jeni's

* A pretty dress to wear on Mother's Day...


A random assortment, to be sure, but all things I love!

We went out for brunch with Jon's family at our favorite family-owned Italian restaurant. We all had a really nice time and the food was, of course, outstanding.

Good times!

Aidan with his great uncle

Dylan wants spaghetti!

After our meal, we decided to work off the calories with a trip to the mall. We didn't find a whole lot that we couldn't live without until we stumbled into the shoe department at Nordstrom's. Grammy bought a pair of gray Toms for me and a black pair for herself. So lovely! I love being shoe sisters with Grammy. She's got great style!

Hurray for gray!

Also, my mother-in-law surprised me with a beautiful pair of earrings for Mother's Day. Isn't that so sweet?

Silver and Gold...so versatile!

As you can see, I got completely spoiled rotten for Mommy Day. I have no idea what I did to deserve it, but I certainly won't complain.


Just simply a wonderful day! Hope yours was special, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, peeps...