Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Salebration

[SOURCE]
"If you have enough book space, I don't want to talk to you."
-- Terry Pratchett

Well, there are people who drink and there are people who do drugs. I buy books. And if you even think about staging an intervention, I'll totally kick your ass. ☺


[SOURCE]

 BIBLIOMANIA is an obsessive–compulsive disorder involving the collecting or hoarding of books to the point where social relations or health are damaged. One of several psychological disorders associated with books, bibliomania is characterized by the collecting of books which have no use to the collector nor any great intrinsic value to a genuine book collector. The purchase of multiple copies of the same book and edition and the accumulation of books beyond possible capacity of use or enjoyment are frequent symptoms of bibliomania.


Hmmm...perhaps I do have a problem. *gulp*

"Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."
-- Arnold Lobel

[SOURCE]

So, there was a (surprise, surprise) book sale this weekend at the Grandview Heights Public Library, and I was totally there (surprise, surprise).

My days of bringing home 100+ books from the library sales seem to have passed (probably because there are so few left that I don't already own), but I still managed to walk away with a pretty decent haul. Check out my newest lovelies:


Baudolino - Umberto Eco
The Plot Against America - Philip Roth
Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - Jared Diamond
Delta of Venus - Anaïs Nin
The Partly Cloudy Patriot - Sarah Vowell
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman - Jon Krakauer
Making It Easy - Food Network Kitchens


Also, I'm turning my kids into little addicts. Here's what they brought home:


AIDAN'S PICKS
The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
The Mouse and the Motorcycle - Beverly Cleary
The BFG - Roald Dahl
White Fang - Jack London

DYLAN'S PICKS
A Bug's Life - Justine Korman/Disney
Just Keep Swimming - Melissa Lagonegro/Disney
Race to the Tower of Power - Dave Aikins/Nickelodeon
 

Total $$ spent...15!!

Now I just have to figure out where the hell I'm going to store these guys. My poor bookshelves are seriously straining from the weight! Gah!

I'm totally a bibliophile in denial... (*sheepish grin*)

4 comments:

  1. You're just NOW figuring that out, Char??!! The Mouse and the Motorcycle - hehe - Brings back some childhood memories for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little slow, didn't ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you find the best freaking pictures and I laughed out loud reading the opening quote! Haha.

    P.S. You're not in denial, you are FULLY aware of being a bibliophile. ;) A cyborg bibliophile if I remember correctly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. That quote is pretty sweet, no?

    Okay, so I KNOW I'm a bibliophile, but I refuse to believe I've crossed into bibliomane territory...at least, not at this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...