Friday, March 11, 2011

I Am Brontë, Hear Me Roar


[SOURCE]

Today, the new adaptation of Jane Eyre comes out and I am superdy-duperdy pumped! I don't know if I have a chance in hell of dragging the hubs to see it opening weekend, but I'm pumped, nevertheless.

Jane Eyre is such an icon of feminist lit (aka cliterature...oh yes, I went there), so I thought it was pretty bitchin' that the adaptation was coming out during Women's History Month. Hmmm. Maybe I should show my kickass feminist side and MAKE Jon go see this movie this weekend. Actually, a real feminist wouldn't need to drag a man to the movie; she'd go by herself. Food for thought.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out the trailer...



Looks pretty good, no?

Frankly, I want to run right over to my bookshelf and curl up with Miss Jane this weekend. In honor of the movie, I just might.

The Brontë sisters are just so freakin' awesome! How can you not love them?

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! I wanna see the movie now! I also want to re-read the book and I just read it last year. Correction, I am GOING to re-read the book now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Jane Eyre. Love your blog too -- makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really should read it again, Tisha. So fabulous to curl up with Jane and Mr. Rochester. Quite the page-turner, no?

    We didn't get to see it this weekend. Stupid limited release!! Have no idea when it will be in theaters outside of CA and NY. The theaters here just say COMING SOON. Not soon enough, I say.


    Thanks, Cole! I aim to please. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...