Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FOOD!!!...with a Side of Blog

[SOURCE]

Since I'm the world's worst blogger (sorry, Nick Hornby; I win), I have not been posting pics of my scrumptious food on a regular basis. Actually, I've not been posting anything on a regular basis, but let's just put that in the category of growing pains and move on, shall we?

Unfortunately, this is not a scratch-and-sniff blog, so the pics will have to be enough. Without further ado (and/or claptrap), here's what we've been stuffing our faces with for about 2 weeks or so...


Spice-Rubbed Mahi Mahi w/ Brown Rice Medley (long-grain brown rice, black barley, daikon radish seeds) and Broccoli

Baked Whole Wheat Penne w/ Sautéed Mushrooms and Spinach

Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup w/ Grilled Cheese (Monterey Jack and White Cheddar on Whole Wheat Bread)

Whole Wheat Spaghetti & Tomato Sauce w/ Mixed Green Salad and Garlic Bread

Baked Panko-Crusted Tilapia w/ Brown Rice Medley (see above) and California Mixed Veggies

Kitchen Sink Enchiladas (Whole Wheat Tortillas w/ Black Beans, Corn, Brown Rice, Green Chiles, Monterey Jack, Sour Cream, and Herbs & Spices)

Horseradish & Potato-Crusted Red Snapper w/ Green Beans

Vegetarian Strata (Eggs, Goat Cheese, Zucchini, Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper, Red Onion, Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, and French Baguette)

Whole Wheat Potato Gnocchi w/ Cannellini Beans, Spinach, and Tomatoes

Refried Black Bean & Monterery Jack Whole Wheat Quesadillas w/ Homemade Guacamole, Fresh Salsa, and Sour Cream

Fish & Chips (Crispy Baked Cod and Homemade, Hand-cut Fries) w/ Grilled Zucchini & Onions

Whole Wheat Rotini Puttanesca w/ Parmesan Broccoli and Garlic Bread

Salmon Cakes w/ Whole Wheat Couscous, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Mixed Green Salad w/ Radish


If this post doesn't make you hungry, then you've probably already eaten dinner!

Anyone looking for a recipe for a dish featured here, need only ask.

Bon appetit!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment :)
    It is nice to see your blog- now I have a new one to read!

    Oh, and all of that food looks delicious.
    On the menu for us tonight- salmon burgers with rice and mixed veggies.
    My stomach is grrrrrrowling, since I already did yoga.
    MUST feed the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom, nom, nom.... I'm stuffed. Thanks for dinner! 'twas delish! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was feeling a bit hungry BEFORE I saw all those amazing meals. Now I want to raid the fridge and cupboards! Beautiful presentation. The vegetarian strata looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, thank you much! Salmon burgers sound awesome! Gonna have to whip up some of those soon, especially if the weather stays nice and we can get the grill out. Whoo hoo!

    Danie, nom nom indeed! You're hilarious. :)

    Stacie, the strata is TOO DIE FOR!! I think we ate it for 4 or 5 meals because it converts so well to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Yum-my! I'll email you the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...