Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain, Rain, Movie Day

[SOURCE]

Unfortunately, it is a particularly dreary day here in Columbus. I had to walk Aidan to school in the pouring rain...he jumped in as many puddles as possible and I came home smelling like a wet dog. Blah.

However, a rainy day can be quite refreshing and relaxing and can provide nice ambiance for one of my favorite activities...watching movies!

Dylan curled up with a Thomas the Train movie before naptime...



And while he's sleeping, I plan on grabbing a cup o' joe and I curling up with Babs and Bob in The Way We Were...

[SOURCE]

Not a bad way to spend a rainy day, me thinks.

A few other movies we watched recently (but not necessarily on rainy days)...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I - We surprised Aidan by taking him to the dollar theater to see this a couple weeks ago. He claimed that he 'totally knew where we were going'...yeah, right. Jon and I thought the cinematography in this was just fantastic! We all had a great time and Aidan has been talking about little else ever since. Shocking, I know.

Nursery University - A pretty disturbing doc about the competitiveness of NYC nursery schools. Egads! I'm all for doing everything you can for you child's educational future, but some of these parents are just a little psychotic.

Inherit the Wind - Jon had never seen this (although, he obviously knows about the Scopes Monkey Trial that the play is loosely based on), so we recorded it from TCM and had a little weekday date night. Spencer Tracy and Gene Kelly are just amazing in this. I've never seen any of the remakes, but I've heard they are subpar.

I Hate Valentine's Day - I watched this one alone, and I'm sure Jon is very grateful because frankly, it was a suckfest. I usually love me some John Corbett, but this movie was nothing but sentimental pap and bad acting. *gag*

The Social Network - I do not have a Facebook account and have limited knowledge of Facebook in general. That being said, I really enjoyed this movie. I thought Jesse Eisenberg did an outstanding job! Everyone talked about how Mark Zuckerberg was portrayed as such a schmuck in the film, but quite honestly, it made me respect him a lot. Besides, how do people expect a 20-something running a Fortune 50 company to act? However, Jon and I both agreed we could have done without the last scene; it invoked a lot of eye rolling.


We have many more (potentially) good flicks on the horizon this week that I hope to post about...but, I'm hoping to do without the rain, relaxing as it may be.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know if my first comment went through, so I am writing it again...

    We LOVE rainy day movies in our family. We usually stay in our pajamas all day and sit under a comforter watching movies and eating popcorn.

    Is it wrong that I am HOPING for rain this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sick!

    Nah, just kidding. I know what you mean. A rainy day is such a nice excuse for laziness.

    Doesn't hurt that you have a little Sunshine with you no matter what. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST finally watched The Social Network this week and really liked it. Mostly...I liked Eisenberg's smart ass sarcasm. In real like, I would probably hate the bastard... in movie life... it was amusing.

    My favorite line, "You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. [...] Did I adequately answer your condescending question?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! His sarcasm throughout was awesome! I'm sure that many people thought that made him look like a little shit, but I thought he looked like DA SHIT.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...