Monday, September 26, 2011

When It Rains, We Really Pour It On

[SOURCE]

So, the long and short of it is that it rained cats and dogs today. Aaaaand I was stuck inside with my preschooler who's favorite phrase is, "Now what?" Since I was pretty sure the Cat in the Hat wasn't going to show up to play on this cold, cold wet day, I had to pull out my own bag of tricks.

First, a little fun with the Cars 2 Play-doh set...





Now what???

A game or two of Candy Land...



Now what???

A round of Memory Game, perhaps?...




Now what???

Sure, let's throw in some Thomas the Train UNO...



Now what???

I let Sesame Street take the reins for an hour. Then, it was time for lunch and a nap.

Yep, still raining!

I'm not gonna lie...I really could have used a nap at that point, too. However, I decided to take advantage of the rare moment of silence and enjoy some ME time.

First, some uninterrupted reading time...

THE LEFTOVERS by Tom Perrotta

Now what???

Then, a yummy meal...

Garden Thyme Luna Burger w/ side of Gala apples

Now what???

A couple relaxing hours watching a movie I've been wanting to see for a looooong time...

[SOURCE]
(Mia Wasikowska was fabulous as Jane and now I'm crushing on Michael Fassbender more than ever! I MUST own this movie!!)


We managed to pack in a ton of great rainy day activities. The Cat in the Hat would have been so proud. All rainy days should be like this. Hopefully, next time our little Thing 2 will be home from school and can join in on the fun.

Now what???

The sun is out! Yaaaaaaay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, peeps...