Saturday, September 24, 2011

Falling for Joe

[SOURCE]

It's official! Fall is here! Some of you may or not know that I have quite an affair going on with Autumn. Cooler weather, football games, pumpkins, gorgeous foliage (my favorite colors!), sweaters and boots, apples and cinnamon, spooky movies, rainy days, Halloween and Thanksgiving, slanting light, soups and grilled cheese sandwiches, hayrides, my kids' birthdays -- it is easily my most favorite season. I get downright gaga upon its return every year and this year's official start to fall was no exception.

I decided to kick off this year's affair with a date with myself at a local coffee shop, Cup O' Joe. I sauntered right up to the counter and ordered my first pumpkin spice latte of the season. (*Note: Cup O' Joe uses REAL pumpkin mixed with white chocolate, vanilla, and spices in their pumpkin spice drinks, NOT syrup! LOVE!!) Armed with a delicious caffeine concoction and the latest edition of The Other Paper, I settled down in a comfy chair and began to unwind.


Seems I was a little more wound up than I initially thought because that latte was gone in about 2 seconds flat. So, I had no choice but to grab another...


And then, I started to get a little hungry so, I grabbed a Zuppa wrap at the counter and, of course, another coffee drink to wash it all down...

Roasted red pepper hummus w/ baby spinach, grilled asparagus, caramelized onions, and smoked Roman tomatoes in a spinach tortilla

Americano drink and 1/2 of my wrap

Belly full and a fresh Americano by my side, I grabbed my book out of my bag and blissfully started to read...



Life is good. I'm staying awake for it.

Before I knew it, the sky had grown dark and it was time to pack it up and head home. Perfect timing, since the baristas were threatening to cut me off and only serve me water. Hahaha! (Seriously.)

Goodnight lover...

Since my husband was such a great sport, letting me cheat on him with Joe all night, I decided to pick up a sweet treat to show him he's still my number one guy...

He was very grateful!

Such a lovely start to a lovely season! Happy Fall everyone!

2 comments:

Talk to me, peeps...