Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Won and Done



I am sooooo freakin' excited!! Yesterday, I OFFICIALLY finished my radiation oncology!!! Huzzah!!!!

I can hardly believe it, but after 6 looooong weeks of schlepping across town to undress and have lasers pointed at me (which is not as cool as it sounds), I have finally finished. And, even though I'll have another few weeks of "baking" and losing a few layers of skin, I can still count today as another big milestone in my treatment schedule. One more thing to have out of the way on my road back to normal. I'll take it!

Last day of treatment, ba-by!

When I got home, I had a few more surprises. Turns out, I'M A WINNER!!!

I received an email from Goodreads informing me that I had won a copy of All the Time in the World: New & Selected Stories by E.L. Doctorow.


This is the 19th book I've won on Goodreads, but it never gets less exciting. Can't wait til it arrives and I can curl up with it!

But, that's not all...

When the snail mail was delivered, I became a winner again...and again. I was a two-time 4th prize winner in a Playtex instant win game, and I won...*drumroll*...2 free boxes of tampons! (Try to control your little green monster.)

Score! 

All these exciting events in one day really deserved a celebratory meal. I decided to make one of my favorite dishes...

Spicy Shrimp with Spinach and Whole Wheat Cappellini

and one of my favorite desserts...
Truffle Brownies

A really great day all around! 'Bout time I got one of those, don't cha think?

7 comments:

  1. Hip, Hip, Horr.... yay!!! :) So glad you had a good day. You def needed that! -xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, babe. It was pretty good one! The tampons were just icing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity, glad to hear you've finished your radiation therapy. Obviously I don't know how it feels to have to have that kind of treatment but I've heard how rough it is on your body so no wonder you're relieved! And what a nice surprise to come home to (the book not the tampons!)

    Here's to onwards and upwards in 2011 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUCH thanks, sweets! Cheers to both of us in 2011!! I really want you to have a better, more fabulous year also. :)

    Sending lots of love (and good mojo, of course) your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did I miss this post? Charity, you continue to be a pillar of strength and never cease to amaze me with your positive outlook! Hooray for the big milestone with treatments....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being done with radiation. Yay for winning the Doctorow book...except you have to know I am TOTALLY jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...