Sunday, February 6, 2011

Every Girl's Crazy 'Bout a Sharp Dressed Man

[SOURCE]

A few days ago, I bought some things for my hubs...

Anyone who knows Jon knows that he can be a bit picky when it comes to his casual clothes, preferring to stick with his comfortable "guy's guy" look that he's been rockin' out since college (and probably before)...jeans, cargos, running pants, shorts, tees, polos, jerseys, and hoodies. Nothing tragic, but nothing very exciting either. (*Disclaimer: Jon always looks extremely nice for work, so there is absolutely NO problem there.)


Jon & I in college. Yes, Jon is wearing an unfortunate WWF t-shirt. Dork.


But, it's not as if I was the Queen of Style back then either...
(Nice hair, Char.)


Sometimes it can be a real battle to get him to try new types of clothes, but I do attempt to work in a little style once in a while and hope that he'll embrace it.

I never try to push anything that I know he wouldn't be comfortable sporting...skinny jeans, cardigans, scarves, or anything with loud prints...because that just wouldn't be him, and I want him to feel good, not awkward. However, I do think he looks exceptionally adorable when he's spruced up a bit (and I'm sure he feels the same about me).

[SOURCE]
A few things Jon would never wear.

[SOURCE]
 A few things Jon might wear (with a little coaxing). 

Well, I did a bit of shopping and I think it went pretty well.

First, I ordered a dark blue wool sweater and a pair of light khakis from Fossil. Since we are both obsessed with Fossil (clothing, watches, sunglasses, you name it, we probably have it...Jon alone has 4 Fossil watches!), I knew that shouldn't be an issue. Plus, I had just received a code for free overnight shipping in my email. Score!!

Then, on one of our many visits to Target, we walked through the men's section and found a nice, lightweight, blue and cream plaid button-up and a pair of khaki cargos. We also made a trip over to the shoe section ('cuz I'm a shoe whore) where we found a pair of navy blue low-top Chucks. Sweet, right? Well, it's about to get even sweeter...the shirt was $4, the cargos were $5, and the Chucks were $7!!!

Cool, comfy, and cheap. I liked it. So did Jon...which was the most important thing.

 Jon's new threads!

 As predicted, Jon looked great and he liked the clothes! Yay!

Not sure he was super excited about the picture taking though...

He plans to wear the new Fossil clothes when he takes me out this month. Hurrah!

Of course, you just know I had to get a little something for me this week too, right? I grabbed a Converse clutch on our trip to Target and an orangey-red top from Cable & Gauge. (I also bought some cute black capri leggings which are not shown because I wore them to work out in before I snapped the pics.)

 I especially love the sleeves on the shirt (which are gathered up to make them 3/4 length) and the bag is super cute.


 Plus, it zips open to reveal much more storage than you might initially think. Not your typical clutch.
Love it!


Maybe all hope isn't lost yet (for either of us). Cheers to a snazzier Jon & Charity!

5 comments:

  1. I struggle with the same clothing dilemma my John. He is a baggy jeans, tshirt, and hoodie kinda guy. I would die to see him in a nice collared shirt under a hot little sweater sporting converse... but I think he would rather bathe hot lava first!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, sorry to hear that, Lori! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will eventually be able to beat him into submission. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diggin' the new threads! Great finds, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the outfit selections. I have a bit of a weakness for A. sweaters with collared shirts and B. Jeans, Blazer, and chucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, yes! All of the above, please!!! I have a freakin' sweater CHEST for my billions of sweaters and about 30+ pairs of jeans (although, I can't say they all currently fit). I would say we need to go shopping in each other's closets, Tisha, but we'd just find the same things as in our own. Haha. At least we know we'd like everything, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...