Monday, February 14, 2011

Checkin' Stuff Out

[SOURCE]

We had a nice family trip to the library libraries on Saturday. That's right, libraries...plural. As I've said before, we are book junkies and what is better for a lit fix than a visit to the local library? Why, a visit to two local libraries, of course!

First, we headed downtown to the main branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library.



Our kids checked out the model library on display...

 A Lego Library!

then, ran off to the Reading Tree House...

A little brotherly love

and posed as pirates...

Arrr, me hearties!

Then, we'd had enough foolin' around, so we headed off in search BOOKS!



After making their selections, the kids were ready to read...

Dylan and I cuddled up with some Thomas books

and did some cheezin'...natch.

 Aidan lounged in a book nook

and hung out with Dad

Then, it was time to check out...



But before heading out, we stopped to check out the sweet sculpture display...



Pretty cool, huh?

As I stated above, we went on to another library.

En route...

Our second library of the day...the Bexley Public Library.


The kids raced right in, anxious to head off to the Children's Department.



I let them go off with Jon while I browsed the stacks and curled up in the comfy chairs.

Books, beautiful books


Could snuggle up in here all day long
 

Oh, those shelves! What wonders they contain!!

A little later, I caught up with Jon and the boys...

Aidan hanging outside the AV Department

...and we headed home with our treasures!

Our bag is stuffed!

Such a lovely day! I could spend every Saturday this way.

ahhh....

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Lovely pics of the family! What a great post - such a fab way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...