Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Crab and Family Ties...Sha la la la

[SOURCE]

Unfortunately, I was in a pretty cranky mood for the past couple of days. Crabby bitch doesn't really begin to explain it (as I'm sure my husband would agree). I don't really know what my problem was, but I knew I had to curb the 'tude fast.

Well, you are what you eat...

I decided to turn my crabby MOOD into some crabby FOOD, so I made crab cakes. Since I looooove seafood (especially crab) and I've been craving these tasty treats for a while now, I figured this meal could really help me perk up. And does it really get better than homemade crab cakes? I think not!

Even before they're cooked, they look delicious!

 But, true perfection is found in the finished product, which I served with lemon slices, a little Tabasco sauce, and a side of mixed veggies. Yum-my!


After we got the kids to bed, Jon and I kicked back with a couple of beers...
Frugal Joe's Ordinary Beer...our latest find.

and turned on some quality crap tv...
[SOURCE]
FAMILY TIES...Sha la la la!

Family Ties might just be the greatest show to ever be set in Columbus. Okay, it might be the only show to ever be set in Columbus, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.

Last night's episodes were:
(click links to view)

Season 6Episode 23: "Quitting Time"
[SOURCE]
featuring Courtney Cox as Lauren 

Lauren decides to quit working on her thesis, which Alex thinks is a great idea...at first. Andy is inspired to write a love letter to a female classmate after finding his parents' old love notes.

Season 6, Episode 24: "Spring Reminds Me"
[SOURCE]
with a Nick cameo!! ("Yo, Mallory!")

The mother of one of Mallory's old friends (who committed suicide) comes back into town and wants to spend a lot of time with Mallory in an effort to remember her daughter. Also, Steven does some magic.

Not bad for a Tuesday night in, and a nice cure for crabs, too. Er, wait...

1 comment:

  1. (P.S. Looks like there is another show set in Columbus...Lifetime's One Born Every Minute, which is set at Riverside Hospital, where I delivered both of my boys!!)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, peeps...